VIDEO - TWO NEW MASSENZA MI50S JUST BEEN SHIPPED TO ALGERIA WILL WORK ON DEEP WATER WELLS
Two new Massenza MI50s have just been shipped to Algeria: these massive drilling rigs will work on deep water wells for one of the biggest construction companies of the Country.
With 50.9 tons (112.215 lbs) pull back capacity, the equipment are mounted on semitrailers, with 6x4 540 HP Astra tractors and they are fully equipped to drill water wells up to 1300 m (4.265 ft) deep by direct circulation system by mud and air, but also by flood reverse circulation system for large diameters up to 550 m (1.805 ft).
The 60 tons (120.000 lbs) capacity masts allow to drill with 7.5 m (25 ft) drill pipes and thanks to a hydraulically foldable mast extension, it is possible to handle Range III casing tubes.
The rigs are powered by two deck mounted 510 HP (380 kW) diesel engines: the solution of the double engine is one of the battle horses of Massenza deep water well rigs.
This solution provides one engine to power the rig and the mud pump and one engine only dedicated to the air compressor, allowing to reduce a lot fuel consumption and maintenance costs when the rig has to work only with mud.
The other main features on these MI50s:
- Hydraulic controls on swivelling arm for maximum visibility
- Rotary head with maximum torque 23.500 Nm (17.332 lb ft) and maximum speed 150 RPM
- Tilting device of the rotary head for fast and easy drill pipes charging operations
- Double hydraulic clamp with Maximum clamping diameter of 360 mm (4,1”) for the drill pipe and of 508 mm (20”) for the casing tubes and opening clamp for maximum passage of 1100 mm (43 1/2”)
- Main winch with direct pull of 15,6 tons (34.390 lbs) and service winch with direct pull of 3,1 tons (6.830 lbs)
- Atlas Copco air compressor model ORX10 with maximum air delivery 27 m³/min (955 CFM) and maximum pressure 30 Bar (435 PSI)
- Massenza duplex mud pump model PM200, type 7 1/2” x 8” with maximum capacity 2240 l/min (590 GPM) and maximum pressure 20 Bar (290 PSI)
- Centrifugal pump, foam pump and air lubricator