We are proud to present you this new model: the MI28 drilling rig just delivered in Canada has allowed us to open a new and important market.
A different market, with special needs, but Massenza had no problems to fit in thanks to its flexibility and its experience in the production of highly customized drilling rigs.
This particular model, a powerful and robust drill rig, is capable, thanks to its 28 tons pull back, to reach even 800 m depth.
Designed to drill water wells in a solid, rocky terrain like the Canadian ones, the MI28 is equipped with the best components available on the market:
- Massenza rotary head, model TM25 with 20,000 Nm maximum torque and 120 RPM of maximum speed rotation
- Caterpillar diesel engine, model C18 ACERT, 630 HP (470 kW) at 2000 RPM, Tier 4 Final / EU97 / 68 Stage IV to comply with Canadian regulations
- Atlas Copco compressor, model ORV10, with 25 bar of maximum pressure and 28,3 m³/min of maximum delivery
- Fully electric control panel that can be positioned up to 6 m away, it allows to work in the preferred position with better visibility and higher safety
- Massenza double clamp model MS520 with maximum passage of 520 mm
- Radio-controlled automatic arm and pipe box mounted on board, enable a single operator to load and unload the drill rods alone, in total security and speed
All mounted on Western Star trucks arrived directly from North America for the assembly.