The Loop Feeders is a mechanical hydraulically driven machine that assists with the insertion and abstraction of geothermal borehole probes / loops and grouting tremie into pre-drilled boreholes. The Loop Feeder is clamped in the top jaw of a geothermal drilling rig and attached hydraulically and uses the power from the drilling rig to drive.
Maximum Pressure: 175 bar
Maximum drive speed: 3 m/s
Probe / Loop pipe diameter: 40 mm / 32 mm
Roller type: Nylon and Steel
This innovative solution offers the following advantages compared with traditional hand pushing installation techniques:
- Safe installation without staff standing on the drilling rig or other platforms
- No additional staff at the time of loop installationbr>
- Additional controlled pressure to be applied to probes, when inserting into boreholes with a drilling fluid.
- Variable speed, which allows controlled insertion of probes where the weight of the probe wants to fall into an open borehole, reducing probe tip damage.
- Can assist with the removal of a probe where the borehole collapsed at depth and the borehole will require re-drilling. This protects the operative from strain.
- Can also install and remove grout lines when using a liquid grout to backfill boreholes.